Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

123
mrinal mrinal

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

this photo will be corrected by using photoshop
RAVI RAVI

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

Thank you and bring Her before us.
RAVI
avijit avijit

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

RAVI RAVI

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

Can you send this to my email please?. I am not able to see this clearly.
RAVI
avijit avijit

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

This is not from artist. i have cleared the hood from crown. lotuses made clear .. i am giving this picture to artist. he will make a clay model. then i will send this picture to you . it will take time .
avijit avijit

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

Manblunder
i have decided a final image of shodasi and ordered the artist accordingly. to inform about this i am posting. i went through the verse several times and consulted with some people also. this verse don't have any number specification about hands. present picture with 12hands is OK but number may be 10 also. i decided 10 because this represent 1000 in hindu philosophy. 10~1000~infinite. so 10 is ok and most perfect. now with arrangement of items.... in case of vina ...this will be in one hand. because there is no word like. VADAYANTIM which is present in shyamala. so vina could be in single hand. next two lotuses. SAROJADYAYAM mentioned. in mahaganapati dhyanam...UTPALA YUGALEN CHA. ... two lotuses in single hand. here also two lotus will be in one hand. in case of vara and. abhaya mudra two separate hands will be utilised because here it is mentioned with PANIBHYAM...plural number so separate hands. others are as it is... so there will be ten hands.....upon sadasiva directly...no serpent hood.
this artist will take time..i will upload definitely.
RAVI RAVI

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

According to me, veena cannot be held in one hand and in order to play veena two hands are required. This is the only issue that you need to take into account. If you depict Her with ten hands, probably, we can compare this to ten mudras. Now that you have gone ahead with ten hands, let us not disturb that.
RAVI
mrinal mrinal

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

shodsi ma
mrinal mrinal

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

If this correction is good then I will try more
RAVI RAVI

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

Following are my suggestions:

1. As Mr. Avijit said, the snake hood is to be removed.
2. She is to be seated on a throne and not on Pañca-pretāsanāsīnā. This needs to be changed.
3. The above point is based on reasoning. When She places Her right foot down, She becomes Rājarājeśvarī. When She is Rājarājeśvarī, Pañca-pretāsanāsīnā does not apply. Moreover, Pañca-pretāsanāsīnā is only for the purpose of understanding and it is wrong to depict like this.
4. Her complexion needs to increased to red and the saree She wears should be in dark red.

You can modify whichever is possible.
RAVI
avijit avijit

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

This is right point. in shodasi dhyana panchapreta absent. but another point.....as brahmadi sevyam...... how represent this ? any suggestion ? if this is final then i will also remove siva from my ongoing clay model.  is it final decision ?
RAVI RAVI

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

Brahmadi sevayaam paraam is implied. This means that She is worshiped by all. It need not be pictorially depicted. Beyond this, there is no need to make any changes, to the best of my knowledge, apart from what I have posted in the previous reply to Mrinal.
RAVI
avijit avijit

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

Finalise another point as we have discussed earlier about ten or twelve hands..... i am for ten hands . give your final opinion . i have discussed about my points for ten hands ....you really agree with me? give your final opinion please
RAVI RAVI

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

I am for 12 hands and I have given reasons for that. If we go with ten hands, it will be against dhyana verse. As I said earlier, veena can be held only with two hands. Assuming that She plays veena, She requires two hands. Further, there is no need to hold two lotus flowers in a single hand.

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM, avijit [via MANBLUNDER DISCUSSION FORUM] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Finalise another point as we have discussed earlier about ten or twelve hands..... i am for ten hands . give your final opinion . i have discussed about my points for ten hands ....you really agree with me? give your final opinion please

http://manblunder-discussion-forum.4718.n7.nabble.com/Image-of-Par-o-a-tp42p153.html
To start a new topic under MANBLUNDER DISCUSSION FORUM, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī, click here.
NAML

RAVI
RAVI RAVI

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

I am for 12 hands and I have given reasons for that. If we go with ten hands, it will be against dhyana verse. As I said earlier, veena can be held only with two hands. Assuming that She plays veena, She requires two hands. Further, there is no need to hold two lotus flowers in a single hand.

You can also have a look at this site, where it says that the verse we are referring to gives only ten hands.

http://www.kamakotimandali.com/blog/index.php?p=1200&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
RAVI
mrinal mrinal

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

parashoshi
mrinal mrinal

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

sho
RAVI RAVI

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

If you can marginally reduce the size of Her kumkum, it should be really great.
RAVI
mrinal mrinal

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

shodshishodshi
mrinal mrinal

Re: Image of Parā Ṣoḍaśī

I think there is no other correction as it will alter the real image
123