Guhya Kali

pydipala pydipala

Guhya Kali

Hello,

Does anyone have information on Bharata Upasita Guhya kali. In the following link (http://www.kamakotimandali.com/srividya/guhyakali.html) they say she has 10 heads and is best suited for Kali yuga. I need to know why they say is best suited in Kali yuga? I need more information on her dhyana and mantra form?

Also What is the difference between Kamakala Kali and Guhya Kali of Mahakala Samhita?

I have seen that in Kadi school Kamakala kali is worshipped in the early morning what is the specific reason for worship in the morning  rather than for example, evening time?

Any information on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
avijit avijit

Re: Guhya Kali

Shaktinya Shaktinya

Re: Guhya Kali

I heard that there are nearly 18 different types of mantras  of Guhyakali in Mahakala Samhita. Could anyone please share with us and also there is a feeding of jackals in the kali krama what is the purpose of this type of offering?
Please shed some light on this.
avijit avijit

Re: Guhya Kali

Feeding jackal is known as shibabali. Kali should be imagined on cremation ground. in her peetha puja one mantra is there " bahu mamsasthi moda manebhya shivabhyo namah". So in her peetha jackals are always present. so they should be fed. they are also a type of peetha devata there.
Shaktinya Shaktinya

Re: Guhya Kali

Thank you sir. But I have one question Why is feeding necessary? does feeding them gives materialistic benefits or is it purely spiritual? Some say that we feed them our egos and the darker desires.Is it true? Does it mean only that or is there any other explanation?
avijit avijit

Re: Guhya Kali

This includes material benefits but if we can sacrifice our ego with shibabali then additional spiritual benefits. in fact this is a type of balidana and balidana means sacrifice also.
Shaktinya Shaktinya

Re: Guhya Kali

thank you sir. what are these jackals exactly? kali has two jackals on either side with two different colors.. what do they represent?
Shaktinya Shaktinya

Re: Guhya Kali

Can you please give more information about this shivabali...Who is shivaa in this? Is this the male god Shiva who gives knowledge?
avijit avijit

Re: Guhya Kali

No,this is not shiva shankara. this is feminine gender shivaa this means Fox or Jackals.as mahakali is samsanavasini that is live in cremation ground so these animals are her associates. samsana is her peetha and these animals are peetha devata type. Go deep into her Dhyana verse or Murti rahasya....she should be worshipped in cremation ground with foxes, left over bones, left over unburnt woods and skulls pieces around her. All these are to tell devotees that this world and worldly things will be destroyed. your body will become pieces of bones so come to HER. She only able to save your soul to take rebirth and again destruction and so on.
I like to share picture of my traditional Kali Puja in Deepavali

Shaktinya Shaktinya

Re: Guhya Kali

Hello Avijitji,

I am very happy to see the picture of Ma Kali. I really wanted to know about her. Can you please tell me who is kamakala kali (a form of guhya kali)? Who is Samhara Bhairava? I am trying to read through some of the books on Kali Ma but I am still confused about her kamakala form. what is the purpose of that form? Is this her internalized form? Any guidance on her form will be greatly appreciated.