Compositions On The Divine Mother

Sri Bala Sri Bala

Compositions On The Divine Mother

Life and Death are just a play of opposites,
When alive, Death is just a far away dream,
We never taking it too seriously,
But when it stares right on your face,
We know not, what to do, or what to say,
Well, I have Her enshrined in my heart,
So when Death, shall stare at my face,
She from within, shall stare back, with a deathly face,
Making even Yama go pale, as if, submitting to His fate,
Such is the beauty of my Mother Divine,
In Life, She remains, the beautiful Kamakshi,
In Death, She becomes, the dreaded Kali,
In Life, She heals; In Death, She shall reveal.
Sri Bala Sri Bala

Compositions On The Divine Mother

With a face like the Full Moon,
Come & cool my tormented heart,
With eyes like fresh lotus buds,
See me through all despair,
With a smile that enchants the Universe,
Never let my lips curve in a frown,
O! My Beautiful Mother Rajeshwari,
Can mere words capture your beauty,
When I know, you are so beyond them,
Yet I will do, what I have to do,
For that's all I have in me.
Sri Bala Sri Bala

Compositions On The Divine Mother

I came across a beggar,
Dressed in utter rags,
Carrying no stick or a bag,
Just wandering here and there,
Till He came near asking for alms,
He reeked an odor that repelled everyone,
But I stood my ground and smiled at him,
Before I could hand him over a note of ten,
His eyes met mine for an instant,
And a smile escaped his withered face,
He looked up and motioned his hands to the sky,
And blessed me with a fulfilling life,
I smiled in acknowledgement,
For was he not a man in need too,
But before I could cast another glance,
He was to be seen no more,
While I was wondering at this strange encounter,
A stranger thought flashed across my mind,
And it said, "Are you too not a beggar..."
Sri Bala Sri Bala

Compositions On The Divine Mother

I always used to wonder, even as a little child,
How did rocks and boulders floated in days gone by,
Was it some kind of magic trick or a special kind of rock,
That all stuck together to make a bridge that afar,
My elders told me, that was the power of God's name,
Which made even the impossible, possible in a matter of time,
So I too wrote on a piece of rock, that very magical name,
"Plop" it went deep into the pond, never to reappear again,
I sat and wondered what it might actually be,
That it all floated at that age and time,
But did not do so at this very time,
A gentle voice in me whispered aloud,
"It ain't the rock or the name my son,
It's the faith that keeps the rocks afloat,
As it will someday do to your heart, little one..."

~ Hope floats - Faith flies - Doubt plops out!

Sri Bala Sri Bala

Babaji - An Enigma

Parangipettai - The Birthplace of Babaji,
As revealed to a dear old Swami,
Nestled in the beautiful land of Tamil Nadu,
Is this quaint little fisher-town of Parangipettai,
Where man and nature live in harmony,
This is where the great Babaji was born,
As his parents named him Nagnath,
From here is where his light traveled as far as Himalayas,
In his growing up years, he was kidnapped by a Pathan,
Taken to an unknown land far away from his hometown,
But return did He deftly, after slipping away from inordinate bond,
He found his Guru, Bhogar, a great Siddha Master of yore,
Who taught him many secrets about himself and the Universe,
Both traveled far and wide, even to far away China,
Teaching and sharing the secrets of the ancient Indian land,
Performing many miracles & making earnest disciples,
Till he was ordered by his Master, to settle down near Badrinath,
He still lives in his subtle body, with a few select disciples,
Who help wayfarers in the most unexpected of conditions,
Giving them love, light and wisdom of the sages,
And initiating them into an age-old yogic tradition,
Little is known of Babaji for long,
Many claim to have met him in some deed or form,
But no one can ever say, He is only mine and no one else,
For He belongs to you, as much as he belongs to me too,
He travels the Cosmos, through a forgotten yogic technique,
Appearing like shining orbs of light or like a firefly flickering,
He can appear before you even like a King or a Beggar,
So keep your eyes wide open and your soul too,
You'll never know, when the great Babaji,
Will gracefully appear before you...