query whether an uninitiated person can keep a śrīcakra at home?

Mathew Mathew

query whether an uninitiated person can keep a śrīcakra at home?

Sri vidya/maha merus/sri chakras are being commercialized everywhere now...Some so-called enlightened Sri Vidya masters/Gurus are selling Sri Chakra for vastu and wealth.

So my question is an uninitiated can keep and worship Srichakra at Home?
RAVI RAVI

Re: query whether an uninitiated person can keep a śrīcakra at home?

An uninitiated person can keep Śri Cakra at home, as long he or she has the highest level of devotion for Her. But Śri Cakra, it should be properly worshiped with  offerings, etc. The one who keeps Śri Cakra at home, even if not initiated into any mantra, at least should recite Lalitā Sahasranāma. This should be done on all Fridays and if not possible on all full moon days. If someone is commercializing Śri Cakra, they are in for trouble. It cannot surely be used as an ornamental piece or for the purpose of vastu and wealth. There is also another version. According to this version, as long Śri Cakra is not consecrated, it can be kept at home. But I personally feel, Śri Cakra should not be kept at home without worship. The angles in Śri Cakra are too powerful and proper respect should be given to Śri Cakra.
RAVI
Mathew Mathew

Re: query whether an uninitiated person can keep a śrīcakra at home?

Thank you Ravi for this amazing reply and information about śrīcakra.

There is a nice article posted on kamakoti mandali blog regarding this issue.

http://www.kamakotimandali.com/blog/index.php?p=1312&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I have personally seen people getting all kinds of troubles by keeping a śrīcakra at home, some getting serious health issues,losing job or even marital issues.These persons bought these śrīcakra online and some from Gurus proclaiming themselves to be masters in Sri Vidya!

There are many types of materials used to make sri chakras like , crystal,panchaloha,bronze ,gold etc....which one of these if the best for worship?

What is the best way to worship  a śrīcakra?I mean guidelines, do and don'ts and should one buy a a śrīcakra or should it be gifted by a Real Guru?
RAVI RAVI

Re: query whether an uninitiated person can keep a śrīcakra at home?

The ideal one would be made out of pañcaloha and in the absence of it, crystal is good. Of course gold is also very good, but highly expensive. SHE will upset when we go in for costly Śri Cakra/Meru.

Obviously, the best way to worship  Śri Cakra/Meru is through navāvaraṇa pūjā. When one does not have time, at least he/she should worship with the initiated mantra by adding namaḥ at the end.

When one buys Śri Cakra/Meru, the most important thing is that there should be no scratch or dent in any part of the yantra. Shape should be square. Another important factor to notice is that bindu should be clearly visible and should not be smudged.
RAVI