bhasma dharana and kumkuma dharana

RAVI RAVI

bhasma dharana and kumkuma dharana

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
AUM.Ravi AUM.Ravi

Re: bhasma dharana and kumkuma dharana

Bhasma Dharana Vidhi: No specific method prescribed in NP. However, bhasma dharana vidhi procedure is there in "Sandhya Vandanam".

Still if any one wants to do bhasma dharana during NP, then can do that by reciting "mrutyumjaya mantram" before start of NP.

Kumkuma Dharana Vidhi: Procedure is as follows:

Kumkuma dharana in NP is part of Smmohana Nyasa. Kumkum dharana is the last one in Sammohana Nyasa. Kalpa sutra said like this:

Om aim hreeem sree mulam| saakta tilakam dhaarayet|

1. Recite: Om aim hreem sreem Mula mantram (either panchadasi or sodasi)
2. Then have kumkum on forehead.

RAVI RAVI

Re: bhasma dharana and kumkuma dharana

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
avijit avijit

Re: bhasma dharana and kumkuma dharana

Bhasma dharana is a must for saiva sadhaka. in case of shakti puja sindura or kumkuma bindu is the tilaka. but i want to ask aum ravi ji that i have seen some sadhaka of srividya holding asthagandha chandana tripundra on forehead and kumkuma bindu below. is there any pramana from shastra to hold asthagandha tripundra?
Vivek_Chennai Vivek_Chennai

Re: bhasma dharana and kumkuma dharana

I beg to differ here, but there is definitely a bhasma dharana vidhi used using gurupaduka beejas, i am trying to get it!! it is an elaborate procedure. The person who shared this information refused to give away  the details. But there sure is a vidhi!
AUM.Ravi AUM.Ravi

Re: bhasma dharana and kumkuma dharana

There may be several methods as the Srividya traditions exists. Some people place kumkum as bindu and some people will place it as perpendicular line (as we observ with vaishavites) etc. To the best of my knowledge no specific shape was prescribed for placing kumkum on forehead.

Coming to bhasmadharana there is lot of procedure which includes various veda mantras prescribed in "sandhya vandana". To the best of my knowledge I am sure that there is no such procedure prescribed in NP. But it is better to do bhasmadharana in three parallel lines (as do by saivas) before start of NP.

I would like to describe some secrets associated with kumkum as bindu and bhasmadharana as do by saivas:
1. we place kumkum as Bindu on forehead. That place is nothing but ajna chakra.
2. Three parallel lines above this kumkum represents lines of guru mandala. (please recall guru mandalarchana)

If you observe keenly, above interpretation is based on considering human body as srichakra. One who is well versed with "samayachara" (worshipping srichakra in his body) worship of Srichakra can understand it easily.
avijit avijit

Re: bhasma dharana and kumkuma dharana

So many thanks for sharing this secret explanation of tripundra.
same thing applicable for asthagandha tripundra also? which one better....bhasma tripundra or asthagandha tripundra?