Tārā Mantra

RAVI RAVI

Tārā Mantra

There is a comment about Tārā mantra here http://www.manblunder.com/2012/10/guhaya-shodashi-guhya-sodasi-mantra.html

This query is now clarified here:

Sage Vaṣiṭha was worshipping Tārā Devi for a long time; but the mantra did not fructify for him. In a fit of rage, he cursed Tārā Devi and consequently her mantra also lost its power. After realising his mistake, Vaṣiṭha ordained that letter sa (स) be added to the existing bīja trīṁ (त्रीं).  Therefore, the original mantra of Tārā Devi om hrīṁ trīṁ hūṁ phaṭ (ॐ ह्रीं त्रीं हूं फट्) became om hrīṁ strīṁ hūṁ phaṭ (ॐ ह्रीं स्त्रीं हूं फट्).
RAVI
avijit avijit

Re: Tārā Mantra

There are mainly three variations of Tara devi. ugratara, ekajata, neelasaraswati. the mantras also variations of above given mantra. there is famous vidyarajni also of neelasaraswati. but in buddhist vajrayana Tara sadhana is very famous and highly developed. they have 24 variations of Tara . In these variations saraswati, trailokya vijaya etc are included. I don't know if these variations are practically anga vidyas of Tara? or Tara herself? sage vasishtha recovered Tara mahavidya from then mahachina present Tibet. so Tara mahavidya sadhana is called chinachara. please give positive inputs on Tara mahavidya. if any follower of this forum have any relevant information.

avijit avijit

Re: Tārā Mantra

Govind Govind

Re: Tārā Mantra

This post was updated on .
Avijit

Can you let me know the Amnaya krama for Ugra Tara? I searched kamakoti mandali website but cant find it.

Thanks