Soundarya Lahari Prayoga

laughingwolf laughingwolf

Soundarya Lahari Prayoga

Hello Everyone

           I wondered if anyone has any experience performing prayoga for specific verses from Soundarya Lahari? I have several translations of this wonderful work which I refer to, but I am particularly fond of Swami Satyasangananda Saraswati's translation. She lists the yantra, number of repetitions per day, number of days, food offering and mandala for each verse in the appendix at the back of the book.

        I would like to undertake the recitation of verse 27; when I read this mantra for the first time it felt so familiar and reassuring to me that I committed it to memory as soon as I could. I love the entire work of course, but this is far and away my favorite.( I LOVED reading Ravi's commentary on this verse!)

        Anyway, according to Sri Satyasangananda Saraswati, the yantra for this verse is to be inscribed on a gold plate and the mantra itself is to be repeated 1000 times per day for 45 days (for a total of 45,000 repetitions). The food offering is jaggery gruel and the purpose of the sankalpa is self-realization and a vision of the divine mother.

   Assuming I construct and inscribe the yantra on a plate of the right type and follow all of the other  directions mentioned is there any danger to my doing this? I am aware of the numerous warnings pertaining to tamasic and rajasic tantric worship, most especially warnings about sadhanas to increase one's personal power in some way, or to harm others for some gain. My only intention here would be to use this to challenge myself and to glorify my divine mother. I am wary however, as I do not have a guru and I do not wish to disrespect any of the wonderful traditions of tantra and Sri Vidya. Any help from you folks would be eagerly received! Thank you for your expertise!
RAVI RAVI

Re: Soundarya Lahari Prayoga

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
laughingwolf laughingwolf

Re: Soundarya Lahari Prayoga

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my question. I very much appreciate your opinion. I have been wanting to undertake some kind of sankalpa to honor my mother and perhaps instead of the Soundarya lahari recitation, I had been thinking perhaps of reciting the Chandi Path, one chapter per day, over the course of a week, for several weeks or months.

      At present I recite a kavacham each day(either the Kamakalakali kavacham from this site, the Devi kavacham from the Chandi Path or the Ekadasha Hanuman kavacham), followed by either the Lalita Sahasranam or the Kali Sahasranam. So I would like to add something more serious, but perhaps it is unnecessary? I am unsure. At any rate, thank you so much for your insight!

Andy
adhyaksh adhyaksh

Re: Soundarya Lahari Prayoga

If you want to do something "more serious" than this, then contemplate on the true meaning of Kamakala Kali. No amount of Kavachams or Sahasranams can match that. Kamakalakali is the all pervading time herself. The foot forward signifies the forward march of the time - there is nothing called a backward movement in time, isn't it, Andy! I would like to fancy the two terrific jackals as Raga (Attachment) and Dvesha (Aversion), which always leads to Kali, the destructive principle of time. Moment you are absolutely free from the two and enter contemplation of the state that precedes them, you can transcend her power and emerge in Siva. Love, Adyaksh.
laughingwolf laughingwolf

Re: Soundarya Lahari Prayoga

Adyaksh-

       What a simple, yet brilliant response. The depth of your understanding is clear and I am very thankful that you have taken the time to share your thoughts.

     No matter what I learn about Sri Devi, I yearn for more; but I always find myself coming back to the imagery of Kamakalakali. She is so special to me that each day I pray to her and ask that no matter what else may happen, from now until a thousand eternities have passed, I pray that I will always be able to remember her name, her form and her majesty.  Your words are such an inspiration. Thank you so much!

On Sep 10, 2014 2:16 PM, "adhyaksh [via MANBLUNDER DISCUSSION FORUM]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you want to do something "more serious" than this, then contemplate on the true meaning of Kamakala Kali. No amount of Kavachams or Sahasranams can match that. Kamakalakali is the all pervading time herself. The foot forward signifies the forward march of the time - there is nothing called a backward movement in time, isn't it, Andy! I would like to fancy the two terrific jackals as Raga (Attachment) and Dvesha (Aversion), which always leads to Kali, the destructive principle of time. Moment you are absolutely free from the two and enter contemplation of the state that precedes them, then you can transcend her power and emerge in Siva. Love, Adyaksh.

http://manblunder-discussion-forum.4718.n7.nabble.com/Soundarya-Lahari-Prayoga-tp577p589.html
To unsubscribe from Soundarya Lahari Prayoga, click here.
NAML