ShivEndrar

Sriram R Sriram R

ShivEndrar

Am Basically from Thanjavur,
Now am 27 yrs old. in my home town there is temple, from my child hood, the temple was called as RajaGopala Swami temple, But the temple was in colapsed Structure(got colapsep long before my birth i think) and some say, Manargudi Raja Gopala swami was here during some war time, After Rajagopala swami left the place to Manargudi the temple Became Ruin.

But there is a Primary school near the entrance of the temple. Also Some people will go intothe Temple on Fridays for worshiping a Kaliamman inside. Friday Raghukala pooja would take place it seems. I have never entered the temple. After a long period some find out that the Kali amman inside the Temple is SriMatha Bhagalamuki.

with the Help of good hearted people, the temple got renovated slowly. in the Pradhaana Sannadhi, now there is Sri Sudarsana ! with sridevi and Bhu devi ! there is also a utsava Murthy for sudarsana, totally in a different form. he is in Sitting Posture (veeraasanam - with right leg bending down) with lots of Hands.

Surprisingly, in Prakaram of moola murthy, there is a Shivendrar Sannadhi. there there is no Shiva linga, But there is a murthy similar to Sudarsan. Round Disk like Structure in back ground. Shatkonam (Star) symbol is embosed on the circular Disk. Before the Disk, a God with 4 hands with Chakra, Shanga, trisoola and sward
Sriram R Sriram R

Re: ShivEndrar

... Continuation

A God similar to that of Sudarsan, with Jwala Kesam stands before with 2 consorts. there is a Nandhi installed before this Swaroopam. only with that Nandhi we can identify the god is Shiva.
there is also 6 or 7 similar moorthys in the same shrine with a Nandhi installed before them seperately! A board outside says it is Shivendrar temple ! Belong to HR&CE !

have any one come accross such a Murthy any where? or is this the swaroopam of any one of the 64 Bhiravars? or is this the swaroopam of Ekavaktra Bhiravar, the Bhairavar of Bhagalamuki ?

can anyone thro some light on this ???