SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART I

AUM.Ravi AUM.Ravi

SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART I

This is neither a sastra nor veda. It is only about discussing about Srividya sadhana process. In this series you will observe that subject will move from one concept to another without obstructing the main subject. In this series no hypocrisy, no diplomacy but only truth. Main issues which will be discussed here are what sadhana is, why it should be done, how it should be done, what is the result of sadhana, existence of God etc… Please note that this is not my story. I may include /refer some of my personal experiences.
Who is God? Whether God is there? If so, where is he and who has seen him? General people will say God is Vinayaka, Krishna, Durga, SriRama, Jesus, Allah etc… People above the general say God is an unexplainable power, energy etc… People above these people will say I/you myself/yourself am/is the God (Aham Brahmasmi). To say more precisely first category can be called as bhaktas, second category can be called as sadhakas and third category is called as yogis. Then what is the difference among them as far as the experience of God is concerned. A very common point among them is no one has seen God in waking state. Is it not true? If say no it is nothing but cheating ourselves. We may see God in dreams (we feel like that). If we dreamt an idol or a photo or any replica of God then we feel that we have darshan of God. (More details about dreams will be discussed later). A bhakta will feel happy for few moments about his dream and forget it. A yogi never bothers about dream. But a sadhaka who is just above the bhakta state will seriously think about his dream and FEEL that his sadhana is fructified. Once this thought comes in his mind, then nothing can stop his manas and it starts probing him to publicize his experiences. This is the biggest hurdle. This hurdle is nothing but ‘maya’. Once he starts doing this (publicity) his spiritual journey goes back to below level of sadhaka and away to bhakta state. More clearly, he is neither a bhakta nor a sadhaka. Why because, he will be busy showing his “spiritual development” to others. But he could not be able to understand or observe his fall down. This is called maya. Why this happens? This is because of rajo guna. What is this rajo guna? Actually, our thoughts have three qualities. Think positively about positive things, think positively about kama, krodha, moha etc.. and think positively about laziness, sleep etc… Confusing with all positives? Please be positive and stay positive. Be frank how you will think about kama (sex)? Ninety nine percent persons think about extra marital sex and wild sex with so many persons etc… His thought process would be like this “If I get a ‘chance’ I will enjoy. This is positive about kama. In the same way krodha, lobha, moha etc… will dominate us. One more example. Night at bed we took an oath that tomorrow I should wake up at brahma muhutha and do puja. Forty eight minutes before sunrise is known as brahma muhuta. We kept alarm also. What happens once alarm starts alarming? We stop it and think OK, I do puja later, let us sleep for some more time. This is the third category of positive. First category of positive is known as Sattva Guna, Second one is Rajo Guna and Third one is Tamo Guna. Mahisasura is replica of Rajo guna (please recollect his birth. He bore to a buffalo and a man. This is vipareeta (extream) bhavana of sex) and Bhandasura is replica of Tamo guna (Please recollect Sri Lalitha Devi charita – Bhandasura vadha katha). Generally, a sadhaka’s sadhana will be in between these two states only. He never bothers to think about Sattva guna state because he is influenced by Rajo and Tamo maya. He feels himself great and forgets about Sattva guna. This is a pitiful situation. Then what to do to move forward spiritually?
To be continued……