SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 8 - By Bhuvananandanatha

AUM.Ravi AUM.Ravi

SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 8 - By Bhuvananandanatha

By the time he entered Gurji’s house Vedas were chanting by one group of students. Guruji was listening to that recitation. Chanchal reached Guruji slowly and touched his feet. He forgot everything by seeing his Guruji. Guruji blessed him by keeping his right palm on the head of Chanchal and asked him.

Guruji: What’s the time now?

Chanchal: Guruji, it’s 7.30 AM

Guruji: I told you to teach you Sandhya vandanam today.

Chanchal: Yes, Guruji. I did remember.

Guruji: But it’s not the time. It’s time to close Vedas chanting also.

Chanchal: Forgive me, Guruji. I have no idea about proper timings.

Guruji: It’s OK. Don’t waste time again. I will tell you how to do sandhya vandanam. Do you know which veda sakha you belongs to?

Chanchal: No, Guruji.

Guruji asked his Sir name and other related details. Based on Chanchal’s reply Guruji said you belong to Yajurveda. So you must learn Yajurveda sandhyavandana.

Guruji taught him the process of sandhya vandana in detail. He gave him notes on same.

Chanchal offered bananas to Guruji. Guruji looked at him and said, “My dear son, I don’t accept anything from my disciples.” Please keep it with you.

Chanchal surprised and requested him again to accept the bananas. Guruji said, no son. Please give them to your child. I don’t take anything from my disciples. Following guruji words is more important. His voice was little authoritative.

Chanchal took back his bananas with disappointment and asked him…

Chanchal: Guruji, I have some doubts. Can I ask you?

Guruji: Yes.

Chanchal: What is the relationship between sandhya vandana and Srividya? If a person is not authorized to do sandhya vandana, how he can learn Srividya? Please let me know this Guruji.

Guruji: Practically, there is no difference between Sandhya vandanam and Srividyopasana. In sandhya vandana we worship Lord Savita during three kaalaas i.e. Pratha sandhya (morning), Madhyahna sandhya (Afternoon) and Saayam sandhya (Evening). This can be understood as triputi. Ajna chakra is this triputi in human body. In fact, this ajna chakra junction is known as sandhya because ida, pingala and sushumna will meet here. This chakra worship is very much important in Srividyopasana. These three sandhyas are like grandhis. Three grandhis - Rudra, Vishnu and Brahma are very important in Srividya. Lord Savita is teja swarupa. Main deity of Srividya is Goddess Srimata also teja swaroopa. Moreover, she is also known as Bhanumandala madhyastha. Meaning of Gayatri mantra and Shakti mantra i.e. panchadasi is one and same. In fact, one time reciting of panchadasi mantra is equal to three times chanting of Gayatri mantra. Full details will be known later. Savitri will be worshipped throughout the six rutus (vasanta, greeshma etc…). In the same way Sri Mata will be worshipped through six yogic chakras present in the gross body. There are 24 bijas in Gayatri mantra. If we add vyahrutis to these bijas total letters/bijas will be 28. In Srividya, Maha Shodasi mantra is 28 lettered mantra.
During gayatri upasana we clean our gross body as well as subtle body. The same procedure is there in Srichakra puja but in detail. It is very unfortunate that, some people are practicing Srichakra puja without knowing these inner meanings of Srichakra puja, without any guru parampara, without mantra shakti paata etc. They follow some videos posted on internet and feel they are very great upasakas. Further to that, such learners will teach others what they learnt through videos. You can observe more people follow this trend.

Chanchal: Why do so, Guruji?

Guruji: This is maya. They read somewhere that Srichakra puja is very good. It gives this and that. We can earn more fame, money, women etc what not everything in short period of time. They do not know why it is good. They do not know different acharas (traditions) involved in Srividya. They could not get right guru to teach them. It is not right to tell “they could not get”. It is right to say, they don’t have patience to search for a right guru. Everyone wants instant result. They want to fulfill their materialistic desires but not ultimate truth i.e. self realization. So they will rely on internet. It is irony that they cannot accept this fact instead they promulgate they are self realized. Where this world is going? Chanchal felt some affliction in Gurujis voice.
People who cannot do sandhya vandana should worship their parents and pray lord Surya atleast.
Guruji further continued. See son, you have to maintain proper timings. It is always better to wake up before brahma muhurtha. 48 minutes before sunrise is known as brahma muhurtha. You should start your sadhana during brahma muhurtha. A sadhaka who do sadhana during this period will become God himself. Sadhana will fructify early.

Chanchal: Guruji, some says sadhana can be done at any time. Is it not right?

Guruji: It is right. But who can do like so? It is right in case of sadhakas whose cit is cleaned. For others it is very important to do sadhana during early hours. Only lazy persons will take such exceptions.

Chanchal: Why it is so, Guruji?

Guruji: Our mind is not purified. Impure minds never concentrate on one thing. It will oscillate from one thing to another very fast. You will experience this from tomorrow once you start doing japa. Brahma muhurtha is daiva muhurtha. People who have sound sleep i.e. sushupti dasa will have some pure mind for some time. So it is suggestible to do sadhana during this period. Once, antah karanas cleaned they can do at any time. You will know all these things in future.

Chanchal: Guruji, you said both cit and mind. Whether both are same or different?

Guruji: Both are different. There are four antah karanas. They are manas, budhi, cit and ahamkara. Cleaning of these antah karanas is very important for sadhana. What spiritual improvement will be there without following these procedures? Simply watching videos and practicing them will give any benefit? Doing so will give opposite results sometimes. I know some of the great upasakas who life ended ferociously for not following proper methods.

Chanchal: Guruji, if Sandhya vandana and Srividya are same why should we do sandhya vandana before Srividyopasana?

Guruji: Very good question dear. Sandhya vandana is for certain people. Srividya is for all. There is no restriction based on sex, caste, creed etc..for Srividya. It can be practiced by anyone under proper guidance. Performing Sandhya vandana is vaidika dharma. Gayatri is known as prakata gayatri. Panchadasi is known as aprakata gayatri. Srimata as Gayatri will be worshipped during day time and as Shakti during night time. That’s why ‘She’ is also known as Chandra mandala rupini. This vidya is also known as Chandra vidya. As a science student you know the relationship between sun and moon. Jivas budhi will be blossomed with the sunrise. This blossomed budhi is important to experience the amrita tattwa. Amrita will be experienced during night time. Just observe the simple meaning of gayatri mantra. “I am praising the one who blossom my budhi” is that simple meaning. Srividya is an elaborated ritual to reach ultimate goal. Sandhya vandana is vaidik ritual. Srividya is a tantrika ritual. Tantrik rituals should be performed carefully. Wrong doings will have negative impacts. Sandhya worship will protect a sadhaka from any wrong doings in tantrik practice. Dharmo rakshati rakshitah: Rest you can understand.

Chanchal felt rejuvenated by the words of Guruji. He felt fresh in his mind. What a pleasant feeling in mind, he thought. Further he thought Guruji is treating him as his child. He felt he is very fortunate.

In the mean time a person whose face was very pleasant, eyes and skin filled with tejas came near to Guruji and touched Gurji’s feet. Guruji blessed him and asked…

Guruji: How are you, Purna? Is your health good? How your sadhana is going on?

Purna: Grace of Srimata and your blessings moving me well, Guruji.

Then Purna offered Guruji some bananas. Guruji smiled and accepted them. Keep them in puja room, he told Purna.

Chanchal shocked. Why Guruji rejected my bananas? Why he accepted bananas brought by this person Purna? Chanchal wanted to ask Guruji. But somehow he could not. Instead he continued the topic.

Chanchal: Guruji, what is the procedure to get the Srividya upasana? What are the rules and regulations?

Guruji started answering him….

To be continued….
Rupa Rupa

Re: SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 8 - By Bhuvananandanatha

Namaskarams.
                        Iam sorry to say that There is a mistake in your post. We will not have 4 antahkaranas.We all will have only one antahkaranam.antahkaranam is called by different names depending on which kind of work it is doing.if antahkarana is doing sankalpa ,vikalpa it is called as Manasu. If it is taking any decision then it is called as buddhi.if it is recollecting the memories from the past then it is called as chittam. If it is showing ego say for example I did that,I did this etc then it is called as ahamkaram. Refer to viveka chudamani by adishankaracharya .in chinmaya mission or ramakrishna mission you can get viveka chudamani.  Buy chinmaya mission viveka chudamani book.its a complete guide for Vedanta.i read that book for more than 4 years. In viveka chudamani  adishankaracharya explains very clearly about pancha koshas.antahkarana comes under manomaya kosha.advaita siddhanta is spread by adishankaracharya to attain jeevanmukti.what adishankaracharya says is final as he is jagadguru for kaliyugam. For more than 6 years my guruji paripoornananda saraswati trained me in atma vidya and advaita siddhanta.he is disciple of pujya dayananda saraswathi who is disciple of chinmayananda saraswati.we are from adishankaracharya guru parampara sringeri parampara. What comes from them is knowledge transferred from adishankaracharya . Please correct the mistake. Sri matre namah.
AUM.Ravi AUM.Ravi

Re: SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 8 - By Bhuvananandanatha

Amma!!!

They are known as "antahkarana Chatustayam". You know the meaning of Chatustayam. Some count all four as a group and say only one antahkaranam but individually they are four. It is stiti bhava only, as you said. For example, sleeping is only one activity. But various sthiti bahavas are there like Swapna, tureeya (sushupti) and tureeyateeta. So can we call all these stages one? That is the difference. Antahkarana referred in panchakosas is for different purpose. We have to understand them in deep. Anyhow these concepts will be covered in future topics definitely. That's why I am not elaborating here.

NO CORRECTIONS ARE REQUIRED. Chanchal like fledglings will learn from basics.

I am very happy to hear that you are from Jagadguru parampara. I am also belongs to Jagaduguru Sri Adisankaracharya parampara only.

Thank you for the discussion.

Rupa Rupa

Re: SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 8 - By Bhuvananandanatha

Namaskarams .
                         Ravi ,my guruji taught me that we have one antahkarana only. Even in chinmaya mission viveka chudamani book also they said we have one antahkaranam only. They are the various states of mind or sthiti bhava  as you said depending on what action it is performing it is called by different names. I will listen to what my guru and shastra taught me. If you donot have viveka chudamani its ok.if time permits listen to atma bodha  pravachanam of paripoornananda saraswati.as you are Telugu person I am saying this.you will get more clarity when you listen that. Viveka chudamani pravachanam was not recorded.in 2010 guruji explained 41 days daily viveka chudamani in kurnool.at that time it was not recorded and placed in YouTube.atma bodha is uploaded in YouTube. Paripoornananda saraswati is a maha gnani. I did his shisyarika. I spent much time with him so I know about him.He will transform you and elevate your spiritual life to greater heights.defenitely try to listen to his pravachanams on daily basis. Then only you can understand what he is. He spreads adishankaracharya thatvam only.make it as part of your sadhana along with srividya sadhana. Divide your sadhana into two parts.karma, puja ,upasana,dhyaanam etc give you antahkarana shuddi. Then fill your antahkarana with knowledge part.for knowledge part of sadhana read man blunder plus ,listen to pravachanams by paripoornananda saraswati,samavedam shanmukha sharma and chaganti koteswara rao  pravachanams.they really uplift your sadhana.you can also do shastra adhyayana. Buy books from chinmaya mission,Rama Krishna mission,Vyasa ashramam books and sadguru Malayala ashramam books.they are really good.the books you can buy is sankara vijayam, bhaja  govindam,viveka chudamani, atma bodha, thatva bodha, sadhana panchakam,Vedanta panchadasi,Bhagavad Gita ,Dasha Upanishads and brahma sutras.That will be more than enough for advaita sadhana.srividya  is  advaita vidya.they say advaita bhaavanam srichakra pujanam. Advaita in practice is srividya. To clarify the issue it is difficult to talk with paripoornananda saraswati.i represent him .I speak what my guru speaks.he is a sanyasi and does not stay in one place.but we have Ravi guruji who can help us in such situations.you contact Ravi Guruji. I hope this message may help you.
Sri matre Namah.

AUM.Ravi AUM.Ravi

Re: SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 8 - By Bhuvananandanatha

 Thank you for your detailed pieces of advice. But do you think a person become mahopasaka without having minimum knowledge on the issues being raised in this series? A person who is blessed with Mahavidya after purnadeeksha is know as Mahopasaka. I think you know this. You may please refer my earlier reply where I have clarified about anahkarana chatustayam. In Vivekachudamani antah karana is referred in  95 & 96 sloka. The title of which itself is Antahkarana chatustayam. I clearly clarified that group of four vrittis are known as anatahkaranam. That group is called as Antahkarana chatustayam.

Moreover, some concepts will differ from Srividya to Advaita.

Books: Reading books will give you salvation? If so all readers should have get salvation. But it is not the truth. Listening pravachanams, reading books etc are time waste actions after certain stage of sadhana. However, I will deal with this subject in details in my present series.

Sri V.Raviji know me well. We know each other.

Rupa Rupa

Re: SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 8 - By Bhuvananandanatha

Namaskarams.
                       Srividya and advaita are same. Nothing is different. Following srividya tradition makes you brahma gnani. Naamam and rupam is vikalpam. Come out of Purna disksha and maha upasaka sthiti. You are pure consciousness.dont label and stamp yourself as vaishnava or shaiva or srividya upasaka or maha upasaka.everything is atma chaitanyam only. This world does not exist to a brahma gnani.he sees God everywhere and in everything. You are talking in dwaita sthiti. Brahma gnani always stands in atma stithi and does vyavaharam. It is very difficult to always stay in brahma sthiti or samadhi sthiti all the time.It is all out of mind projection and ego we say iam srividya upasaka or maha upasaka etc. upadhi doshas.
you should cross all that. Practice pancha Kosha nirahankara.it will help you reduce mind projections and rejections.This world does not exist.remember two important things .brahma satyam jaganmithya JIvo brahmaiva  naa parah.this is the backbone for advaita siddhanta.and one more thing is bramara  kitaka nyayam.what you think you become that.what you see you become that.shabdam ,drushyam is maya. Tasmat  shastram pramananthe.shastra adhyayana is compulsory.shastra Krupa,guru Krupa and isvara Krupa is same.do adishankaracharya upasana. If you really want jeevan mukti follow adishankaracharya. It is never never never time waste to listen to pravachanams of brahma gnani.to just see them also you should have lot of janmanthara punya. shankara  says in viveka chudamani durlabham trayamevaitha devanugraha hethukam,manushyatvam mumukshatvam maha purusha samsarayah.it is very difficult to get ashrayam  of brahma gnani. You are saying it is time waste to listen to pravachanams of brahma gnani after certain stage of sadhana. We have to do karma and upasana and shastra adhyayana until we get jeevan mukti and after that also to make others follow same path we have to do. Mahanubhavas even after attaining mukti also daily sit and do srichakra pujas . Study about kanchi paramacharya. He is apara adishankaracharya. After 90 years also he didnot stop worshipping amma. If you donot do shastra adyayana and listen to satsanga of brahmagnanis then it is time waste I can say. Read manisha panchakam of adishankaracharya. eeswara   comes in form of chandala to test adishankara. Adishankaracharya asks chandala to move aside.then chandala replies what should move aside. I or atma  chaitanyam should move .then shankara realizes he is eeswara only. In the same way you also realize you are soul and atma chaitanya. Not a Sri vidya maha upasaka. In this world with our mind we will be doing either projection or rejection.donot project your self too much I am this ,I am that.and donot stamp and label .they will create vasanas in mind.it will hinder your soul realization.It is not easy to conquer mind. Anyway all the best Ravi. Satsangatve  nissangatvam nissangatve  nirmohatvam nirmohatve nischala tatvam nischala Tatve jeevan  mukti. You continue the series.you will realize with shankara Krupa that you are not maha upasaka and u are pure soul.all this is shariras and upadhi doshas. Read dakshinamurthy stotram and nirvana shatakam by adishankaracharya. Chidananda rupa shivoham shivoham.It's beautiful.
Sruti smruthi  purananam alayam karunalayam
Namami bhagavad padam shankaramm Loka shankaram.
Sri matre Namah.

Rupa Rupa

Re: SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 8 - By Bhuvananandanatha

Namaskarams.
  It is pancha Kosha nirasana. I referred in above mail.
Sri matre Namah.
AUM.Ravi AUM.Ravi

Re: SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 8 - By Bhuvananandanatha

How main concept of antahkarana chatustayam will differ from Sloka 95 & 96 to Slokas 156 to 213? (Slokas 156 to 213 are about panchakosas). Concept will be same. Interpretation will change during explanation of several other concepts. Slokas 95 & 96 explain antahkarana chatustayam. This concept used in slokas 156 to 213 to explain panchkosas. We will go step by step.

Moreover, Panchakosas will be explained differently in Srividya. In fact, it will be different in gross view. Internal view will be the same. These points will be discussed in upcoming parts.
Rupa Rupa

Re: SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 8 - By Bhuvananandanatha

Namaskarams.
I am eagerly waiting for your posts because till now I did not read any srividya book in terms of Vedanta

The Sri vidya books I have explain about srichakra avaranas and puja vidhanam.in terms of Vedanta how it differs I really donot know.all these years I am used to atma vidya  and lalita upasana. My guru spreads atma vidya.even he is also a great srividya upasaka but it's his gurus order to spread atma vidya. I was always interested in srividya siddhanta and after 6 years of lalita upasana I met Ravi guruji and requested for srividya mantra.six years I did shakti  panchakshari ,lalita upasana and studied and listened to atma vidya. Fortunately Ravi guruji blessed me with shodashakshari maha mantra and currently am doing that. What I feel is any mantra with om is capable of  purifying antahkarana.but it's our samskara to like and choose specific mantras . I have seen people doing Narayana astakshari mantra without mantra initiation. Moreover ramanujacharya has opened the thiru mantra to all.I would love to know more of srividya siddhanta. Adishankaracharya widely spread Sri vidya sampradaya to attain brahma vidya. Can I know the parampara through which Sri vidya is handed over to you. Whether it is atma vidya, maha vidya or srividya we are worshipping parabrahmam or atma chaitanyam na. The names , methods are different but they all take us to realize our soul.In lsn it is said atma vidya, maha vidya ,Sri vidya Kama sevita.in brahma sutras also first sutra is adhatho brahma Jignasa. We are para brahmam and  we are knowing about para brahmam. Thank you very much for your precious postings. Though the traditions and paths are different  the goal and destination is to attain atma sakshatkara and to attain jeevan Mukti. I am fortunate I came across like minded person.thanks to amma and guru.
Sri matre namah.