SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) - PART 40 - By Bhuvananandanatha

AUM.Ravi AUM.Ravi

SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) - PART 40 - By Bhuvananandanatha

Guruji asked him…

Guruji: What you understand from this darshan?

Chanchal: There is no difference between you and Srimata.

Guruji: You said half right. There is no difference among you, Srimata and me. Why because, you will become Srichakra (Srichakra will be installed in disciple body during purna deeksha) after purna deeksha. Hence, there is no difference among us. This is the Nigarbha meaning of panchadasi. You will realise this after your sadhana. This much of importance is there for Purna deeksha. Without possessing of proper knowledge of kundalini how can you realise it? Therefore, theory as well as practical
knowledge are important simultaneously. That is why it said knowledge is Brahma. You need not become a Sanskrit pandit to know these concepts. A proper guidance is sufficient. Keeping all these important aspects aside, now a days people are talking about kundalini and it’s activation. Where are we going? I do not like to talk further on this. You are a matured person. You can understand what is wrong and what is right.

Chanchal: My clouds are scattered guruji. I got essence of my life now.

He fell on the lotus feet of Guruji. Guruji’s legs became wet with tears rolled out of Chanchal’s eyes. Then he asked…

Chanchal: Guruji, there are three Panchadasi mantras – Ka vidya, Ha vidya and Sa vidya. Which one is prominent? What is the difference between Sodasi and Maha Sodasi?

Guruji: All are one and same. Some says, kaadi vidya is prominent among all and there is no difference between Sodasi mantra and Kaadi Panchadasi mantra. Your greatest predecessor gurus proved this.

Reasons behind this are…

Sri Vidya mantra-s are thirty two or eighteen as per some of the tantra sastras and twelve as per Tripura Taapini. Out of which, haadi, saadi and kaadi are prominent. A srividya mantra started with bija ha is known as haadi vidya, started with sa is known as saadi vidya and started with ka is known as kaadi vidya. Among these vidya-s kaadi and haadi are more prominent. Out of these two, kaadi is eminent/principal vidya. In Atharvana veda it was said that “ Sree vidyaivatu, mantraanaam tatra kaadiryadha para” and in Trisati also nama-s are as per kaadi vidya only. Each of these mantra-s have fifteen bija-s and hence known as panchadasakshari. But kaadi vidya has a special trait that it is both panchadasakshari as well as shodasakshari with fifteen letters. We understand this concept of kaadi vidya.

In “panchadasakshari” last kuta is sa, ka, la, hreem. This kuta started with bija Sa which is Chandra bija. Hence, it has sixteen kala-s. So, sa + kala = sakala, that means shodasakshari (shodasakala). The mantra
which is having this shodasakshari is hreem (= vidya) i.e. sakalahreem means Srishodasakshari vidya.

Some arguments against this are as follows:
As per Atharvana veda mantra “kamo yoni: kamala vajrapaani……”,
As per Jnanarnava sloka “Aham panchakshari devi! Tvamtu panchadasaakshri”,
As per Sahasranamaadhyaya stuti “Srimat panchadasaksharyaa mahimaa varnitastada”,
As per Trisati nama “ kadwayam, hadwayam chaiva saivo bhaagah prakeertitah” and
as per some of other tantric texts it is panchadasakshari only but how it is shodasakshari?

Answer to above is as follows:

All we know that Chandra kala-s are sixteen and they are daily tithis like paadyami, vidiya, tadiya etc….. to Pournami/Amavasya. These tithis are fifteen in numbers. Hence, total fifteen kala-s. Then where is the sixteenth kala? Can we say that there is no sixteenth kala? This sixteenth kala is Sarvabija kala rupa, which has neither luxuriance nor decadence. This kala is called para, saada and inbeing (inherent) in fifteen kalas. In the same way the sixteenth bija is also in being in the fifteen bija of panchadasakshari.
Further, this “para” kala is tri bindu rupa of last bija of every kuta of Srividya mantra. In which, this kala presents as pasyanti, madhyama and vaikhari rupa with turiya swara (fourth swara) i.e. eem. This can be
better understood with glimpses of “kamakala”. Kamakala shabd (eem) evolved from A-Ha-M. (aham) which represents union of Shakti (A) and Shiva (H) with bindu. This turiya kala is inherent in last bija (hreem) of all three kutas of panchadasakshari mantra. Hence, this vidya is panchadasakshari
extrinsically and shodasakshari intrinsically.

There is a mantra with Ramaa bija at the end of the mantra which is known as Sodasakshari mantra. This mantra was evolved by Sri Hayagriva. Sri Bhasakararaya explained that this mantra is nothing but
panchadasakshari and inside (=antar) of Srividya.

There is some other argument that, as per Sruti vakya “chatvara eem bibhrati kshemam ante” means, four eem-s and kshema bija i.e. Sreem are form part of Sodasakshari vidya. In gross panchadasakshari, we can find three eem-s only (hreem(1st kuta), hreem (2nd kuta) and hreem (3rd kuta)). If it is so, the
sixteenth bija-Sreem is having such fourth eem hence, the gross panchadasakshari cannot be understood as sodasakshari.

Answer to the above is, there are no three eem-s in gross panchadasakshari. Infact, there are four eem-s including third bija of first kuta. But this bija is bindu rahita i.e. without bindu. Then can we call it as turiya swara? Yes, we can. A correct pronunciation of E bija will end with subtle A bija. This subtle A bija is having the inherent quality of bindu. Hence, this third bija of gross panchadasakshari is first turiya swara and remaining three are at end of each kuta of the mantra. Then what about the sixteenth bija Srim? As we observed this sixteenth kala is internal of all bija-s of the mantra and hence no separate mention is required. Hence, gross panchadasakshari is sodasakshari only. In Veda also it is said that
“saisa shodasi Sreevidya panchadasakshari”. There is no difference between panchadasakshari mantra and sodasakshari mantra. In Haadi vidya panchadasakshari mantra, this fourth eem is not available.
Hence, Kaadi vidya got little prominence among various Srividya mantra-s.

Mahasodasi mantra is twenty-eight lettered mantra. It can be counted with sixteen letters also. This mantra also known as Sri Raja Rajeswari Vidya and the practitioner of this mantra will become Srimata himself. Process of initiating this mantra is Purna deeksha.

To be continued…