SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 3

AUM.Ravi AUM.Ravi

SRIVIDYA SPHURANA (THOUGHTS) – PART 3

- By Bhuvananandanatha Sadhana is also known as upasana. That means near to God. It should be forever. Some say sadhana is chanting of a mantra or sitting in dhyana for hours together. We can find number of persons doing this. But at the same time we can observe that there won’t be any change in their materialistic world. So sadhana is beyond chanting a mantra or dhyana. A sadhana should start with by praying respect/tribute to one’s own parents. Yes, it is very much essential. This should be the first step in sadhana. Why it is so? Because, our parents are reason for this gross body. That means they did Sristi. Sristi is the responsibility of Brahma. So, our parents are Brahma swaroopa. Then our parents cross so much hardship to grow us. They sacrifice their individual happiness, time, comforts ….what not…. everything. This is nothing but they will take care of their children. This is Sthithi. Sthithi is the responsibility of Vishnu. So our parents are Vishnu swaroopa. After setting up all comforts for their children by sacrificing their comforts they will depart from their children. This is Laya. Laya is responsibility of Rudra. So, they are Rudra swaroopa. Please observe that the important three sakti mantras (Bala, Panchadasi and Shodasi/Mahashodasi) have three kutas. Each kuta represents Sristi, Sthithi and Laya. This is one of the meanings of these mantras. So our parents are these mantra swaroopas. This much of importance is there for parents puja. See the life of Sri Panduranga of Maharastra. He got salvation through seva to his parents. Seva to parents is foremost step of sadhana. It gives same results of chanting above sakti mantras. Ironically we leave our parents in vrudhashrams and do seva to wrong gurus in their posh ashramas. Let us see second version. Acharya teach jnana to his disciples. A gross body is a mere gross body only without jnana. That means the gross body will be in pasutva bhava only. Let us see a simple example. If you want to become a doctor, you should study medicine. Without knowledge of medicine you cannot become a doctor. Without jnana, either para or apara, a gross body is jada only. Acharya will remove that jadatva/ ajnana and made you comfort to live in this world proudly. So, after parents, Acharya is most respectable person. In Vedas also it was said “matru devo bhava, pitru devo bhava and acharya devo bhava”. In Srividya cult there is much more importance to Guruji. Hence, a sadhaka’s sadhana should start with prayers/tributes to his own parents and acharya. It is very ironic that, a prospective medicine/engineering student will go to coaching centers and will enquire about qualifications, name, fame and quality of lecturers but if it is for sadhana they will first search google. They will find so many sites offering online coaching of sadhana. They will attract to the boasting advertisements posted on such websites. Then they will enroll by paying money. They receive teaching material through CDs/emails etc and start practicing mantras. They start their sadhana. No…no…they think they are doing sadhana. Apart from this they will recommend others to do the same thing what they did. How ironic and pity it is. First and foremost requirement of sadhana is presence of energy, spiritual energy. This energy present in all creatures equally. Only thing is identification/recognition. Normal people like us cannot identify the spiritual energy existence in us. All cannot be Sri Ramana Maharshi. We can become Ramana Maharshi atleast in next births if not in this birth if we move in right direction and path. Since we are ignorant to identify our spiritual energy, we have to take abode of a right guru. It is very easy to get a guru but not a right guru. Right guru means a realized guru. Why it is difficult to get a right guru? Because we cannot identify/recognize him even if he is in and around us. He will have neither posh looking nor alankaranas nor boasting people in and around him. He never gives publicity about his spiritual qualities like the modern gurus do. He never says that he is realized. He never wants to have so many false disciples in around him. He is very simple looking and appears to be careless about outer world. We normal people always run for vanity cannot recognize him. It is not a surprise. If any person recognizes him is a surprise because that person’s life is going to take right turn. A right disciple doesn’t know what he wants but something will eat his mind. Here something means sunyata about spirituality. What to do, how to do etc… This is also known as the quest (tapana). He has the desire to get rid of this unwanted worldly world. His mind is telling him something more is there beyond this world. What is that? Don’t know. This quest is one of the important perquisites for Brahma vidya. A right guru knows the mental status of his prospective disciple. He will take him as his child into his lap and give assurance of love. There is no difference between Guruji and Srimata. Amma stretched her hands to hug his frustrated child. To be continued……