Importance of Digbandah

Atmavidhya Atmavidhya

Importance of Digbandah

Dear Sadhakas,

I want to humbly request if members can provide more light on the importance of Digbandah during the Mantra Japam. At a basic level, I understand that Digbandah creates a protective perimeter around the sadhak and blocks entry of unwanted/negative forces into the process that could potentially interfere or drain the energy of the effort.

I have also heard that as the sadhana matures, there are trials/torments by the anga-devatas of the goddess we are invoking to test our commitment/mental strength to her. These anga-devatas might scare the sadhaka and/or subject him to some physical attacks (not real, maya of-course) to dissuade them or scare them away from the sadhana. I am curious if any of the members have experienced this.