Giving Bali at home

Shaktinya Shaktinya

Giving Bali at home

Hello ,

Can anyone please give information on giving bali at home for the goddess And what to do with that offering after puja?

I don't have any water source to pour them into. Please suggest.

Thank you
RAVI RAVI

Re: Giving Bali at home

Take water from vardhanī kalaśa in uttaraṇi using right hand. Form tattva mudra (connecting left ring finger and the thumb) and pour the water from the uttaraṇi through tattva mudra (shown here) on the contents of bali pātrā. After doing this place the uttaraṇi back in the vardhanī kalaśa. Now clap using both the hands three times. Now look up and show bāṇa mundra (bāṇa means arrow). There are two types of bāṇa mudra. One is to use both the hands as if we are releasing an arrow from a bow. Alternatively, avakuṇṭha mudra using right hand can be shown.

Recite the following manra three times.

4- ॐ ह्रीं सर्वविघ्नकृद्भ्यः सर्वभूतेभ्यो हुं फट् स्वाहा।
4 - om hrīṁ sarvavighnakṛdbhyaḥ sarvabhūtebhyo huṁ phaṭ svāhā |

Move the bali pātrā along with the contents towards nirṛti cardinal and then remove from there. Sprinkle water on that place.

After doing balidāna, do ācamana (part 1 -3) and bhūtaśuddhi (part 4 – 14). If the worshipper himself removes the bali pātrā, then he should wash his/her feet and after resuming his seat, ācamana and bhūtaśuddhi should be done.

If you do not have water bodies, you can offer this to birds or cows, etc. (Feeding dogs and cats should be avoided)
RAVI
Shaktinya Shaktinya

Re: Giving Bali at home

RAVI wrote
Move the bali pātrā along with the contents towards nirṛti cardinal and then remove from there.
why should the bali pātrā be given in the nirrti direction only? what is the reason behind this?

Thank you
RAVI RAVI

Re: Giving Bali at home

That cardinal is meant for demons. In order to please demons we offer food to them. Each cardinal is presided over by some god and niṛti is presided over by demons. Hence it is done this way.
RAVI