Balidana

yogi yogi

Balidana

Jay Mata di!
Dear Friends, could you tell me what the difference between balidana and upachara? I mean thatBali which sacrificed at the end of the puja.
Usually upacharas after the puja, we take to ourselves back, and what to do with balidana?
Thank you
sincerely
Yogi
AUM.Ravi AUM.Ravi

Re: Balidana

This post was updated on .
Dear Sir,

Upacharas: In fact whatever puja we do generally to a deity is known as upachara. For example, ganesh sodasopachara puja, srimata chatustati upachara puja, etc.

Apart from above, we do upacharas like, chamaram veejayami, nrutyam darshayami, geetam sravayami etc after completion of puja and before udvasana.

Upacharas will be offered to main deity.

Balidana: Balidana means offerings to bhutas (i.e.demi gods(?)) etc as naivedya. This ensures kshetra and saadhakas to have some protection from bhutas. This balidana will be offered at nirurity (nairuthi) side.
RAVI RAVI

Re: Balidana

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
yogi yogi

Re: Balidana

Pranam dear AUM Ravi ji!

However, I saw there balidana to Vatuk, Ganesh, Kshetrapala and Yoginis or DurgA, are they demigods? And if I understand correctly, they not only in Nairitya-kona. For all of them it is necessary to bring in Bali in Nairitya-kona?
Sorry for my meticulous questions, you say is very valuable details, but I would like to know all the details.
And another thing, after offering bali, what to do? Take it to the river?

Thank you very much

Yogi
yogi yogi

Re: Balidana

Guruji Ravi!
I understand correctly function of Bali is close to that of the Yajna, known as kravyaAagni?
sincerely

yogi
RAVI RAVI

Re: Balidana

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
yogi yogi

Re: Balidana

Thank you Guruji Ravi!
I also often see references in books about some Kula-dipa, which should be in the bali. What is the kula-dip?
And yet it is not clear about what kind of dravya should be in Bali-dana?
Sorry for many questions.
My pranams

yogi
RAVI RAVI

Re: Balidana

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Shaktinya Shaktinya

Re: Balidana

Dear Raviji,

I have so many questions that I was looking for answers since a long time.

- I have heard that the bali is offered in Nairuthi kona why is it that bali is offered only in that direction?
- You said that these are for the bhutas to stop obstructing us...what exactly are these bhutas?
- what relation do they have with goddess kali as samhara shakti?

Thank you so much in advance for answering all the questions.

yogi yogi

Re: Balidana

Dear Shaktinya ji. I've heard that Naiariya-kona related with Asuras, and when, after the main puja, these asuras, bhutas, pretas and so on coaxing by offerings, they obey by us, and do not disturb us. Each of the sides(disha) have its power. for example one mantra gives different results if its practice on different sides with your face. But maybe Guruji Shri Ravi will tell you more subtleties about it.
Shaktinya Shaktinya

Re: Balidana

Thank you yogi ji. Could you provide with more information regarding the importance of directions.

Also, does bali means offering our materialistic desires in us? or is there any other meaning to that...